Re: Pre-orders, pro or con.

Tom Madden

A manufacturer who figures out how to stock core stock that can be assembled
and painted for various roads at minimal cost while maintaining the quality
we have grown to expect will make money and make his customers happy.
A few years ago at Cocoa Beach I bought several L&NE covered hopper kits at the F&C booth. Sharon reached under the table, fetched three unlabeled boxes from the stack of hopper kits, popped a set of L&NE decals in each and stuck the appropriate labels on each box. I thought that was pretty clever - bring lots of decals and labels but don't customize the individual kits until the point of sale.

Tom Madden