Re: State of the RPM hobby

Pierre <pierre.oliver@...>

I'm very surprised to see the percentage that high.
Pierre Oliver

--- In STMFC@..., SUVCWORR@... wrote:

I think it was the December MR where the editorial referred to a survey conducted by MR which revealed that 6% of modelers were strict prototype modelers. Indeed a small segment of small population.

Rich Orr

Anyway, it just underscored to me how rare RPM'ing really is. The great
majority of people really do just want to have fun with the hobby, and
realistic and prototypical rolling stock seems to be WAY DOWN on the
scale of importance to most people.