Re: Pre-orders, pro or con.

Tim O'Connor

Tony, you're a well travelled fellow. To quote Stephen Stills, when
you're out of town, just "Love the one you're with"! Once a year, Des
Plaines Hobbies is my LHS, for example. This year I'm going to arrive
a day early for Naperville so I can while away a whole afternoon at
DPH... :-)

Tim O'Connor

My LHS "The Original Whistle Stop" has everything and you can look
before buying, but they are full retail. Go to the discounters and
you get what you pay for.
This is certainly true of the "OWS" (I wish it WAS my LHS), but
then it's one of the country's best hobby shops. An awful lot of
modelers are nowhere close to even a mediocre hobby shop, and for them
the "buyer's dilemma" we have been dissecting still operates in full
force.

Tony Thompson