Re: State of the RPM hobby

Andy Harman

At 02:12 PM 3/25/2012 -0400, you wrote:

I dunno... I'm not buying it. I'm pretty generous about such things, but
I ain't going that far. There has to be some intention and understanding
of the prototype that goes beyond the road name or the brand name on the
box.
The abundance of pretty good prototypical RTR models makes it very likely
that even a rabid freelancer has a prototypical model somewhere on their
layout. But without intent, and without knowledge, it doesn't mean
anything. That person may have 5 prototypical freight cars out of 200 they
own, and they probably wouldn't be able to tell you which ones they are.

Andy