2012 Central Ohio RPM

seaboard_1966

The 2012 Central Ohio RPM is now a bit less than 2 weeks away. It is being held at Marion Union Station, Marion, Ohio from April 12-14. The meet will feature ALL of the usual RPM fun PLUS a meet closing cookout to be held on Saturday. The heart of the meet is, of course the models. But this venue is a bit different. If the heart of the meet is the models than the body is the station itself. It is a historical gem that one has to see. Lovingly restored and filled full of historical artifacts it is a treasure in its own right.

Speaking of models, please be sure to bring plenty of them. Complete or incomplete is fine. Also, be prepared to discuss your modeling efforts and techniques.

Cost is $20.00 for the weekend, there is NO daily rate. The cookout is an extra fare feature and the cost for that is. $5.00 per person.

Set up begins on Thursday afternoon. The Marion Model Railroad club will be open as well. Folks can enjoy rail fanning at Marion during the day. We will gather for dinner at the nearby Shovel Restaurant at 5PM. After dinner there will be a slide/movie show that will run until we have had enough.

The meet opens at 9 AM on Friday and closes at 6 PM. There will be an after dinner slide/movie show as well.
Saturday we will start at 9 AM and close at 5 PM. Door prizes will be handled at 2 PM. You must be present to win.
For the folks that hang around we have the after meet cookout and then movies/slide show again.

There is a registration form available on line at

http://www.wrighttrak.com/attachments/File/Central_Ohio_registration_form%281%29.pdf

For more information please feel free to contact me at dblake7@columbus.rr.com or 614-266-3864.

Please check the webpages below to see images from past years meet. I think you will like what you see.

We look forward to seeing lots of folks there.

Denis, Robin,aka the War Department, Kevin and JP

Central Ohio RPM

http://s379.photobucket.com/albums/oo239/dti_nut/2011%20Marion%20RPM/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/manage/#!/pages/Central-Ohio-Prototype-Modelers-Meet/326645470797

http://s1187.photobucket.com/albums/z397/salguy1/?start=all