Re: Exactrail

Joel Holmes <lehighvalley@...>

Hi All,

I think Horizon Hobbies has done the same thing.

Joel Holmes

Brian -

Question is; if one manufacturer elects this course, will others follow
?
The pressure to do so will be substantial.

Walthers is the elephant in the room, to some degree ...
They are in the precarious position of distributor and manufacturer.

Another nail in the coffin, with the LHS bearing the brunt of this.

Ron dePierre

--- In STMFC@..., Brian Ehni <behni@...> wrote:

Direct from Exactrail; looks like I'm not going to be buying anything
new
from them�

Hello Brian,

The reports are correct and it is not a rumor or hoax.

As of May 1, 2012, ExactRail will no longer offer a dealer discount and
will
discontinue our dealer network. Hobby stores may continue to purchase
ExactRail products from ExactRail.com at the standard consumer price.

Cost of production has increased considerably for ExactRail over the
last
two years. We have absorbed most of these increases through our margins.
As
we consider the sustainability of these trends, our conclusion is that
the
best solution to serve the consumer is through a more direct model. By
serving our customers directly, we hope to be able to maintain lower
prices.

Dealers will continue to receive a discount through the month of April.

Orders placed in April, including any advanced purchases, will still
receive
the dealer discount.

Our decision to discontinue our dealer distribution network has come
from
much deliberation. We appreciate the dealer�s contribution to our
industry;
we feel that this decision is necessary so that ExactRail may contribute
with them well into the future.

Best regards,

Dave Lotz
Regional Sales Representative