Scalecoat paint

Bill Lane

For over 20 years I have used Scalecoat for the car color and Floquil
weathering. I lost track of how many models I have painted - 99% of which
were brass - but it is well over 500. Yesterday I started painting some O
Scale boxcars in Floquil because that is what I was told to do. The cars
were freshly blasted in my booth. Since I am decaling I mixed 2 bottles of
paint in with 1 bottle of high gloss. Floquil does NOT COVER especially in
the hard corners. I sprayed and sprayed waiting for it to build and cover
but it did not - at least to my satisfaction. I was going to paint, bake and
paint again to get good coverage when I stopped saying this is just wrong.
After some campaigning I was able to switch to Scalecoat and completed
painting the cars to an excellent finish.

The best thing I could say about the Floquil paint is it came off in the
blast booth in record time - much easier than the original clear coat on the
cars! I know that there are some other "newer" brands some of which I have
also recently used for the first time.

But for me I will stick to Scalecoat. It just works! I have goofed that the
last bottle of Scalecoat will be pried from my cold dead hands!

Thank You,
Bill Lane

Modeling the Mighty Pennsy & PRSL in 1957 in S Scale since 1988

See my finished models at:
<http://www.lanestrains.com/> http://www.lanestrains.com
Look at what has been made in PRR in S Scale!

Custom Train Parts Design
<http://www.lanestrains.com/SolidWorks_Modeling.htm>
http://www.lanestrains.com/SolidWorks_Modeling.htm

PRR Builders Photos Bought, Sold & Traded
(Trading is MUCH preferred)
<http://www.lanestrains.com/PRRphotos.xls>
http://www.lanestrains.com/PRRphotos.xls

***Join the PRR T&HS***
The other members are not ALL like me!
<http://www.prrths.com/> http://www.prrths.com
<http://www.lanestrains.com/PRRTHS_Application.pdf>
http://www.lanestrains.com/PRRTHS_Application.pdf

Join the Pennsylvania Reading Seashore Lines Historical Society
It's FREE to join! <http://www.prslhs.com/> http://www.prslhs.com
Preserving The Memory Of The PRSL