Re: Scalecoat paint

Andy Harman

At 03:17 PM 4/5/2012 -0400, you wrote:
I also prefer Scalecoat because it dries glossy. If I do use Floquil,
I go through two steps: first the Floquil flat, and after it has dried
for a day or two, then a coat of gloss for decals.
When I painted almost exclusively with Floquil, I often would decal right onto the flat surface. Using Solvaset I usually got away with it too. I eventually went with the Microscale system using their gloss and flat, but stopped using their flat when they stopped producing that wonderful amber/benzene stuff in the late 70s. I now use Scalecoat for pretty much everything, and I have an ever-changing mix of Testors dull+gloss that I use for a final finish or a base for weathering.

Andy