Re: Stark Bros wood-side box HO...

al_brown03

My comment was too cryptic: I meant that 40-foot cars with Murphy roofs were uncommon *in 1901*, so (presuming the ad is correctly dated) I suspect that the car is simply the closest in T-M's line.

AL B.

--- In STMFC@..., "al_brown03" <abrown@...> wrote:

Well, that Train-Miniature car is a 40-footer with a Murphy roof, so I'd be surprised if it's a correct model in any strict sense; but on the other hand, the paint scheme may have been applied to some vaguely similar DS box (in 1901, perhaps a 36- or even 34-foot car).

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.

--- In STMFC@..., "jwestkohl" <j.kohl@> wrote:

I purchased a Stark Brothers (nursery) wood-side box awhile back, SBX 41 built by Train Miniature in HO scale. There is no build date, but according to the advertisement on the side, the car would have been built around 1901. I looked in the 1908 ORER, but didn't find them.

I purchased this car because it pertains to the Missouri K-line, but would obviously like to see if it was an actual car. If it is a real car, I'm interested if anyone has a photo of it.

http://www.castlegraphics.com/files/DSC_6867.jpg

Cheers!

Jan Kohl
Castle Graphics