moving cars on summary waybills

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

In following up on an earlier blog post about handling cuts of cars, my friend Larry Kline put me in touch with Gene P. Schaeffer, who was kind enough to send me copies of additional "mine ticket" bills used to move coal traffic, and to explain how they were used. I have now written a second post to present this additional information. My own interest is in the general subject of this kind of car handling, not specifically in coal handling, but I feel these documents are quite intriguing in that general sense as well as in the specifics of coal traffic. If interested, here is a link:

http://modelingthesp.blogspot.com/2012/04/waybills-23-cuts-of-cars-update.html

Publishers of books on railroad history