Re: Roller bearing trucks, non roller bearing trucks, chain link drives

Andy Harman

At 06:53 PM 4/29/2012 -0400, you wrote:
Alas, imagine my dilemma...do I call a Big Boy a chain link drive engine,
one with some roller bearings, one with McGill bearings or...maybe just a
Big Boy?
I've always thought it slightly odd that no other road built a 4-8-8-4. I suppose had steam ruled for another decade, someone would have built one. Which may have caused it to have another name. Or maybe PRR would have built an 8-cylinder duplex 4-4-4-4-4-4 and called it a Pittsburger.

Andy