Re: Modeling truss rods

Armand Premo

Really never had a problem with it.Guess it all depends on how it is attached. I generally use a continuous application with as few knots as possible,although I have experimented from time- to -time.Monofilament is available in very small sizes,The major problem that I have is running it through the turnbuckle.(Eyes you know).Armand Premo

----- Original Message -----
From: al_brown03
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2012 1:06 AM
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Modeling truss rods

Interesting. Not disputing Mr Moyer's experience in the least, I suspect the key phrase may be "[w]e experience temperature extremes in Iowa" ... down here we don't, so I can get away with using phosphor-bronze wire (though I see where "temperature extremes" might render it unsuitable). How do y'all get monofilament to stay taut? As I said, I've never had any luck with that.

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.