"The Nickel Plate Story" 1953

David Henderson

Group...

Just finished watching "The Nickel Plate Story" 1953 on You Tube. In it were a great number of motive power shots both steam and diesel and many freight cars of all varieties, really very nice. The item that caught my eye was at 5 minutes and 21 seconds into the film. NKP 32082 rolled by, a panel side hopper on it's way to the coal docks. I didn't know the NKP had panel side hoppers. Can someone shed some light on the history of these cars?

Nickel Plate Road - "The Nickel Plate Story" 1953 - American Trains & Railroad History
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtnUnKZP_8A

Regards.....David Henderson
Sacramento, Ca.