Re: Kadee's new generation of trucks

O Fenton Wells

Andy, I agree with your observations and I now feel better. I installed
them on a Westerfield kit and had an interesting time installing them
and getting them to 'behave'. They did look nice and they track and roll
well but they are definatly not drop ins for the old style trucks. I
thought I was all thumbs for a while.
Fenton Wells
On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 12:07 PM, Andy Harman <gsgondola@...> wrote:

**

At 01:15 AM 5/9/2012 +0000, you wrote:
I don't have any of the new generation of Kadee two-piece trucks as yet.
Are they impregnated with metal and do they the brake rigging?
I have installed them on a few cars, they look great but take some getting
used to. The self-centering mounting system is sort of a built-in
suspension. It doesn't play nice with other mechanisms like the Reichart
pivot washers I like to use - it wants you to snug up the included screw
tight against the bolster, so it wants a flat bolster surface. You may
need to shorten the screw that comes with the trucks as well.

Then again, I never really had any complaints about their classic line of
sprung trucks either. The new ones look better and run as well or better
IF you go with their setup, but they aren't necessarily a drop-on
replacement for previous setups.

Andy

--
Fenton Wells