Re: Kadee's new generation of trucks

Andy Harman

At 07:15 PM 5/8/2012 -0700, you wrote:
to the track, making them easier to re-rail. All in all, the kind of
engineering excellence we have come to expect from Kadee, and they
are gradually replacing the older trucks with them.
Has anyone installed code 88 wheels in these yet? I was looking at the Reboxx web site and they recommended a 1.115" axle length for the older Kadee trucks. I tried them in a pair of the new A3s and there is too much play - although the Kadee axle measures at about 1.115" tip to tip, the smaller diameter and point on the Reboxx axle just rattles around in the Kadee journal. I'm thinking they're going to need 1.125 or 1.130. My current policy on code 88 wheels is that I will try to always use them on any open-ended car... hopper, tank car, etc where the wheel profile is visible, and I'll use them on a box car or gondola if the kit comes with them in the correct trucks but otherwise I'll use code 110.

Andy