Re: History of Prototype Freight Car Modeling

Pieter Roos

Hi Bill;

I think you will find this history of Pacific Rail Shops on the S Scale Sig site interesting, as it connects PRS, IMWX and Front Range with specific products and dates:

http://sscale.org/426/volume-1-no-2-the-prs-story/

Vol. 1, No. 1 of Prototype Modeler magazine is available on-line at Trainlife.com:

http://www.trainlife.com/magazines/model-train-magazine-contents/790/prototype-modeler-august-1977

I may be able to find some of the RPI materials you ask about.

Hope that helps.

Pieter Roos

--- In STMFC@..., "lnbill" <fgexbill@...> wrote:

As some of you will remember from posts I made in the fall of 2011, I want to put together materials to create a history of modeling freight cars more accurately and more prototypically. I now have some good materials about the early offerings of Al Westerfield and the materials that publicized the releases of Westrail and Dennis Storzek. F&C is putting some materials together for me and I will be talking w/Martin about Sunshine's initial offerings.