History of Prototype Freight Car Modeling Gould/TichyIMWX timeframe.

Andy Carlson

I was a younger Prototype modeler in 1987 when I met a gracious influential
gentleman at the Eugene, OR. NMRA convention. The Westrail kits he developed and
marketed were real eye-openers for me. Later, his scholarly writings in various
modeling magazines cemented his stature as the greatest Prototype pioneer in
Model Railroading.

Another item worthy of mention: back then, the McKeen double door 40' boxcar
raised the bar high enough that later Intermountain, Red Caboose and other
companies had higher standards to reach. We are all better off now because of
this pioneering styrene freight car.

-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA