Southern Car & Foundry tank car kit questions

Bill Welch

I have all five of Jon Cagle's very fine "Standard Tank Car Co." tank
car kits and have been going through each of them doing doing much of
the preliminary work required like clean-up of the small parts and
tapping the u/f and tank bottom sheets for the long screws I like to
use for the trucks. As I do so some questions have arisen.

For the two-dome General American car, GATX 1638, does anyone have a
larger version of the photo that is on the instructions that can
offer me guidance on which style of bolster cover plate to use, oval
or four-leaf clover? Alternatively, from existing photos or other
evidence, is it possible to draw any conclusions about which style
cover plate was most common?

Speaking of photos, have any more photos of these cars surfaced since
these cars were released pointing to other possible schemes that are
not shown in Ted C's tank car guide book. If so can someone point me
to their reporting marks/car number and source? I am fine with buying
them if I know where to go.

Thank you!

Bill Welch
2225 Nursery Road; #20-104