Re: Poling Pockets

Armand Premo

Thank you gentlemen.I had been using Westerfield's poling pockets,but my supply has been exhausted.I'll try some of your suggestions. Armand Premo

----- Original Message -----
From: "ROGER HINMAN" <rhinman11@...>
To: <STMFC@...>
Sent: Sunday, May 13, 2012 2:00 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Poling Pockets

Al Westerfield used to sell them as a separate part, don't know if the new owner offers the same thing

Poling pockets have a lot of variation in styles. I've successfully made my own by two methods
1. Stamping them in 0.005 inch styrene using a piece of brass tubing
2. Cutting off a angled pice of styrene tube and gluing them a piece of styrene as above

Rivets can be done with a rivet tool or Archer

Roger Hinman
On May 13, 2012, at 1:33 PM, appremo wrote:

Does anyone know of a source for poling pockets for some scratch building projects? Armand Premo