10th NE Proto Meet is June 1-2 in Collinsville, CT

Dave Owens

Greetings all:

The 10th New England/Northeast Railroad Prototype Modelers Meet is
just a few weeks away on June 1-2 in Collinsville, Connecticut.

We hope you can make it. There’s still time to register at the advance
rate of $25 for the weekend.

Most important of all, please bring your models to display. The more the better!

The tentative clinic schedule and registration form are on our
website, www.neprototypemeet.com. You can also visit our facebook
page, www.facebook.com/NERPM, for a copy of the schedule and updates
as we get closer to the meet.

This year we have more clinics than ever. There are also hands-on
clinics for which you may want to bring tools.

Jeff Adam and Craig Bisgeier will do a two-part clinic Friday and
Saturday on making rubber molds, and then casting with hydrocal. There
is a $10 fee for this clinic to cover materials.

Ted DiIorio will lead a clinic on removing lettering from decorated
cars. Ted urges anyone with a car or loco they want to re-letter to
bring it along.

Bob Jensen and Joe Andrews will be doing a DCC roundtable. During the
informal session, they’ll be working on decoder installations and
lighting effects. They’ll take questions, offer advice and explore
whatever DCC-related topic comes up. If you’ve got a challenging
installation, bring it along.

We’ll again have a white elephant table. Bring models and rail related
items you’d like to sell, and our guys at the white elephant table
will take care of the rest. There is no charge.

There will be drawings Friday and Saturday evening for items donated
by hobby manufacturers and vendors.

We also have dealers and manufacturers, including Atlas, Funaro &
Camerlengo, Rapido, Motrak Models, True Line Trains and Bob’s Photo.
At this point, we have a few dealer tables available. If interested,
please contact me at neprotomeet@....

On Sunday, we’ll have layout open houses. Also, the MassCentral
Railroad will also open its facility in Palmer, Mass. to meet
attendees. MassCentral’s NW-5, two GP9s, and intermodal equipment will
be available for inspection.

Questions? Email me at the above address.

Thanks,

Dave Owens

--
2012 New England/Northeast Prototype Modelers Meet
June 1-2, 2012 (Always the weekend after Memorial Day)