From: STMFC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
Dennis
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2012 08:00
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [STMFC] SP G-50-10? Is the number correct?

Mostly a shout out to Mr. Thompson, but someone else with the knowledge
please jump in: I am looking at the photo at the top of p. 368 in Vol. 2 of
Thompson's excellent books on SP freight cars and trying to identify the GS
gondola pictured.

It appears to match the G-50-10 pictures found in Vol. 1 (p. 96), but the
car number 54719 does not match any of the list presented in said volume or
in the updates found in Vol. 2 (for either original numbering or
renumbering). Considering the photo is listed as taken in 1955, it would
appear to be before the renumbering took place.

Any help would be appreciated - I would like to identify the car and see
about modifying a model to represent what is shown in the photo carring logs
on the NWP.

Thanks for the assist,

Dennis Korn