Re: new Canadian 8-hatch reefer

kmelvin1663 <melvinphotos@...>

YES, We are also interested in a hinged door version of this car. The traffic that I intend to model with these cars was their operation over the Maine Central on a daily basis in the period 1962-1966 (sorry STMFC). They moved potatoes in these cars originating in Aroostook Country via the Aroostook Valley and Canadian Pacific to the Maine Central at Vanceboro for furtherance into the Boston and New York markets. In the photos we have showing their presence in this time period; the plug door cars outnumbered the older hinged door cars almost 3-to-1.
George & Kathy Melvin
Readfield, Maine

--- In STMFC@..., "Rob Kirkham" <rdkirkham@...> wrote:

I'd certainly be interested in a few of the hinged door CPR cars.

Rob Kirkham