Re: New Shapes to come

jerryglow2

I had the same situation when making a coil load of real soft iron wire. I made one wrap coils on the bottom layer and multiple wrap ones on top.

I just can't see any manufacturer making plastic rail esp in 3' lengths just for limited use like a rail train. We hobbiests love to suggest new products but lets get realistic unless you want to invest your life's savings.

Jerry Glow

Jerry

One problem with real rail is WEIGHT. A gondola or flat that weighs
the NMRA recommended amount (or even more than that) becomes ridiculously
heavy with a full (realistic) load of nickel silver rail.

I think Sunshine made a resin rail load, for example.

Tim O'

At 6/20/2012 05:09 PM Wednesday, you wrote:
I don't understand the need for it - what's wrong with real rail?
Jerry Glow