Re: New Shapes to come

William Keene <wakeene@...>

Hello Group,

Let's return this to actual freight car modeling.

I concur that having plastic rail sections could be a usable modeling product. But it is not at the top of my "wish list" of "needs".

A short while back there was a discussion within this group of "Z" structural shapes. That discussion did point out that there are a number of prototype sizes needed to model steam era freight cars. And also that the thickness of the flanges is an issue. That said, I believe that a selection of scale sized Z structural shapes would be a more usable modeling resource to most freight car modelers than plastic welded rail.

And as someone -- Dennis (?) -- has pointed out... smaller milled stock would also be a grand addition to the parts bin.

Just my 2 worth of comment. Thanks for listening.

Cheers,
Bill Keene
Irvine, CA

On Jun 21, 2012, at 11:13 AM, jerryglow@... wrote:

Yea, that'll make some manufacturer rich! Do you get the drift I think this is one of the most ridiculous ideas I've even seen on this site. Who's going to be the first to invest HIS money?

Jerry Glow

--- In STMFC@..., Alan Kilby <albyrno@...> wrote:

A would use it to fill isolating gaps cut in rails for appearance and to make even flow of rail,I would prefer white plastic to best match ns rail,it would also be useful for guardrails in complex turnouts with multiple guard rails to avoid possible shorts and excessive number of isolating gaps and power feeds
Alan