Re: New Shapes to come

Ed <nprybiged@...>

Jerry

Sorry I have to disagree with you. The Rail Train is just
the tip of the iceberg as to the usage of this product

Ed Ursem

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, jerryglow@... wrote:

I had the same situation when making a coil load of real soft iron wire. I made one wrap coils on the bottom layer and multiple wrap ones on top.

I just can't see any manufacturer making plastic rail esp in 3' lengths just for limited use like a rail train. We hobbiests love to suggest new products but lets get realistic unless you want to invest your life's savings.

Jerry Glow

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@> wrote:

Jerry

One problem with real rail is WEIGHT. A gondola or flat that weighs
the NMRA recommended amount (or even more than that) becomes ridiculously
heavy with a full (realistic) load of nickel silver rail.

I think Sunshine made a resin rail load, for example.

Tim O'

At 6/20/2012 05:09 PM Wednesday, you wrote:
I don't understand the need for it - what's wrong with real rail?
Jerry Glow