Re: A C&BT Shops Fe-26 lives...finally

Mikebrock

Charles Hostetler asks:

"I'm curious about whether it was sent TO Buford or THROUGH Buford?"

Well...the only way to really know would be to ask the agent stationed there...Bruce Smith is his name I think. Could be that the car contained furniture [ more likely supllies for making beer ] for the new station being built at Bruceford...or perhaps a new car for Smith so he can get down to Cheyenne every now and then. Only one passenger train [ The Pony Express? ] stops at Buford and it has to be flagged. Not sure how it would look for the agent to flag a train, then get on board....

Mike Brock