From: Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Thursday, July 5, 2012 5:10 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: machine screws

Alan Kilby wrote:
I use the blackened ones and silver from NWSL which are magnetic I was not aware of stainless not being magnetic these must be plated.
There are both magnetic and non-magnetic stainless steels. The stronger ones, as in some kitchen knives, tend to be magnetic. Screws can be either kind.

2906 Forest Ave., Berkeley, CA 94705 http://www.signaturepress.com/
(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, mailto:thompson%40signaturepress.com
Publishers of books on railroad history