Re: Sunshine kit #91.2 RI XM-1 Boxcar

Scott Pitzer

I vote for the black door being "a nice touch for the photo" not representative of reality-- like the picture of me at age three, wearing a straw "Chinese coolie hat."
C&O, for example, seemed to have had more black boxcar doors in builders photos, than in real life.
Scott Pitzer

On Jul 23, 2012, at 8:17 AM, "railsnw@frontier.com" <railsnw@frontier.com> wrote:

Would that be black paint or black car cement? I would think the car cement would be a dull black.

Richard Wilkens

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Steve and Barb Hile" <shile@...> wrote:

While I agree that the builder's photos show black doors on this series of
cars, I can't recall any in service photos of RI single sheathed boxcars
(and I have a bunch!) showing doors in a different color. Nor does any
Subject: Fwd: [STMFC] Sunshine kit #91.2 RI XM-1 Boxcar