From: STMFC@yahoogroups.com [STMFC@yahoogroups.com] on behalf of keyserlloyd [lloydkeyser@sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Saturday, August 04, 2012 10:49 AM
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [STMFC] Large off road dump bodies

Please dig into your photo files for a picture of large, 20-80, Ton off road dump bodies used in quarys. I have a steel fabricator on my layout that builds these large bodies as a subcontractor to Caterpillar and others. Sheepscot has a nice 20 Ton body on there web site. I would like to properly tie these down on flat car/gondola. I have the large 1963 issue of Association of American Railroads loading diagrams. Unfortunately they only show small commercial bodies stacked three high. Someone out there has a photo of these larger bodies properly tied down or know of someone familiar with the industry. They could be stacked two high and four to a car. The Sheepscot body is 16'-10" long and 9' wide which would probably lend them to be placed flat on the car.I need to know how they were chocked and cabled down. Greatly appreciate your time. Lloyd Keyser