Re: CAD to Artwork

John Hagen <sprinthag@...>

After much screwing around with "easier" methods I generally find it's
easier and faster to draw all new letters in Illustrator using the originals
as a pattern. It seems whenever I use any sort of converted raster images
there are so many anchor points that I have to individually remove most of
them and then adjust all the rest. I find it's quicker to set up guides for
print letters and then outline the letter by setting points at each corner.
After a few years of practice I've gotten rather proficient at it. And if I
get enough letters of the alphabet I convert it into a font so I can just
type it out for any other similar projects.

For script I draw a line of whatever is a suitable thickness. I then add
points along the way which I use to twist the line into shape. I then
convert the line to an outline and go from there. Really works great.

Al I need is a halfway decent prototype photo. Perspective is unimportant as
that can be compensated for provided it isn't too oblique.

John Hagen