From: "Rob Kirkham" <rdkirkham@...>
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2012 8:48:05 AM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Scratchbuilding a Dreadnaught end door.

yes, I was referring to the free version of Sketchup. I understand there
are useful tools in the pay version, but have managed with what I am doing.

Learning curve - well, of course, I'm still on it. For insertion of details
like door hinges into the side of a reefer, I can find Sketchup a real pain.
But for most drawing, I'd say a month of sustained drawing in spare time
will cause you to bump into enough challenges that you'll learn most of it.

Rob