Re: Resin casting, Southern caboose

Scott H. Haycock

Brain cramp!
I just re-discovered our very own Richard Hendrickson's article on trucks in the Railway Prototype Cyclopedia, Vol. 4. Having perused the pertinent parts(Richard, I promise I'll read the whole article later), and also considering the information on truck design bans in the other current thread about brakes and truss rods, etc., these may be ARA/AAR U section trucks.
They would still be allowed at this late date because this is a caboose- not a freight car. Interchange restrictions wouldn't apply.
Scott

--- In STMFC@..., "haycockscott" <shhaycock@...> wrote:

Can anyone I.D. the trucks on this caboose: http://www.trainlife.com/magazines/pages/779/50901/december-1978-page-37 ?
Thanks