Re: What Type of car ends are on this Cotton Belt Boxcar?

Dean <1payne1@...>

The Pere Marquette also had some DS cars with a Vulcan end, although the rib count was different than on the W&LE cars. Still, very rare. Too bad, because I would dearly love to model the W&LE SS car! I need about three of them, and no kitbash is remotely close.

Dean Payne

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "al_brown03" <abrown@...> wrote:

Looks like a two-panel version of a vertical Vulcan end, which itself is very rare (only example I know of is the W&LE 27000 series).

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "vasa0vasa@" <vasa0vasa@> wrote:

I have not seen this type of car end before, what type is it? It is captioned as a photo taken in 1920.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/boston_public_library/5786883646/in/set-72157626860793516/

gary laakso
south of Mike Brock
vasa0vasa@