Re: Photo of PT on SP flat

Ken Roth

I don't know of any model available for an SP 50-14. Years ago (1990?) I scratchbuilt one using brass for the underframe and styrene overlays for the sides and ends. I used Tichy stake pockets which I trimmed to make them more like the prototype. This was before Tony Thompson's freight car books, which give more information. I worked from photos and very rough measurements taken of the car in the RR museum in Campo, CA. You might be able to come close bashing parts from a couple of Tichy 40' flats, but I've never actually studied that approach.

Ken Roth