From: STMFC@yahoogroups.com [STMFC@yahoogroups.com] on behalf of soolinehistory [destorzek@...]
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 3:39 PM
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Photo and negative collections

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Baker <bakert@> wrote:

Over the past several years, we have lost a number of photographers and/or collectors of photos and negatives. Does anyone know what has become of the collections of the following:

1. John Hummeston [I'm not sure of the spelling, but I understand he had a signficiant number of photos and negatives.]

2. Robert Malinoski from the Pittsburgh area. I'm not sure about the spelling there either, but he also took many photos and slides.

3. Bill Raia purchased many photo and negative collections from others and was a great source of prototypical information. What has happened to his collection?

Tom
I'm afraid it's just a bit too soon to be troubling the Raia family with this question. I do know Bill has a son, Mike Raia; I don't know how much of a fan he is, but he is certainly aware of the value of his dad's collection.

Bill was reasonably active with the Mid-Continent Railway Museum, and on very good terms with the Soo Line Historical & Technical Society and their archivist, Larry Easton. I don't yet know how this is going to resolve, but I am sure the collections won't be lost.

Dennis Storzek

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/