From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...] On Behalf Of
seameadow17
Sent: Sunday, October 07, 2012 11:57 AM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Recommendation for screw sizes

Hello Mark,
Check this site out http://www.microfasteners.com/, you won't find anywhere
cheaper than this and you order one hundred for small change compared to ten
at hobby shops. I only order hardware from this site. I keep on hand 0, 00,
1-72, 2-56, 4-40, 6-32. Now that is just me as I do tons of projects and
even if I only need one of a size, it is nice to know I have it. For the
price of a handful of hardware from hobby suppliers, you could equip your
own hardware store with the prices from this manufacturer. I also keep on
hand washer and nuts for each size, plus several different sizes of each
size, such as 1/8, 1/4/, 1/2, depends on how much modeling you do. I used to
purchase just one inch and cut them, but at these prices I just stock up on
everything. I purchase both brass and SS, plus the blackend hardware for my
couplers, 2-56. Being a disabled vet on limited income, I just ordered a few
items at a time until I had my own hardware store. Now, this is just myself
and my own opinion, I am sure some one is going to take a swipe at my post.I
have no affiliation with this manufacturer at all, I just like saving buck!!

--- In STMFC@... <mailto:STMFC%40yahoogroups.com> , "Mark at
Euphoriatt" <mark@...> wrote:

Good Morning,

I'm looking for some advice. Typical every project I work on includes a
trip to the LHS for screws and / or fasteners of some kind, 2-56 for
trucks
etc. This is the expense way to buy and I would like to buy in bulk to
save
some money. So to my request.

I model in HO Scale; what types is washers and nuts, and screw types and
lengths, etc should a well-stocked modeler have?

TIA,

Mark Stamm

<mailto:mark@...> mark@...

Modeling the Mighty Pennsy in 1949