From: gary laakso <vasa0vasa@earthlink.net>
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, October 21, 2012 6:11 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] GN truss rod box car color

The first observation is the GN did not waste money repainting these cars, so that the older paint schemes lasted a long time. The Westerfield painting guide for that series of all wood cars with the side braces extending to the corner, that they would be all boxcar red starting with re-paints in 1941 that included the side-facing goat.
My three that are being decaled at the moment are in their 1937 paint scheme with the red underbody, boxcar brown sides with black ends and roofs. I doubt that they were re-painted before scrapping.

gary laakso
south of Mike Brock
vasa0vasa@earthlink.net