Re: red caboose 1937 aar sq corner

David Sieber

In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Brian Carlson wrote: Richard [Hendrickson] is correct this was a late in life NKP sidesill reinforcement to strengthen the sides for loading by fork trucks ...

Gentlemen, anyone know how 'late in life' the NKP did this sidesill reinforcement and door replacement? Was it in the mid-'50s when the NKP similarly rebuilt their remaining '32 AAR boxcars (though without such an impressive sidesill reinforcement)? Also, did these '37 cars receive diagonal panel roofs, as well as the Apex Tri-Lok running boards visible in the photo, as the NKP did with their '32 boxcars? Any help would be appreciated, since I'd like to model one of these rebuilds appropriately to fit either my 1958 or 1967 modeling eras.
Many thanks, Dave Sieber, Reno NV