Re: Train Miniature Hart Gondola

Gene <bierglaeser@...>

An earlier version of this kit (Silver Streak if memory serves) was wood and cardboard with cast metal side trusses that were set back under the car somewhat but not really far enough. The wooden sides came assembled and painted while the metal trusses and all else was unpainted. All the detail was, in my opinion, rather heavy-handed but back in the 1950s it was state-of-the-art.

The prototype of this car was illustrated in more than one Car Builders' Cyclopedia. Because it was handy I'm looking at pages 148 and 150 of the 1922 Cyc. Page 148 has three photos of a C&NW car while 150 has plan and side elevation. There doesn't seem to be an end elevation.

I have a number of Rodger Ballast Car Co. drawings but not this particular car.

Gene Green