Re: PFE Reefer paint suggestions

al_brown03

I built this kit a couple of years ago, painted all sub-assemblies with off-the-shelf paints from spray cans, without masking. Orange was Model Master "Go Mango 1969-70" (different from plain "Go Mango"), red was Tamiya Red Brown, underframe was a Tamiya black (either "Black" or "Matt Black", I don't recall which). I've posted the results, pending approval, to an album entitled "PFE R-40-4".

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.

--- In STMFC@..., "Ken" <kobrien1600@...> wrote:

I'm working on a Tichy PFE Reefer and I was wondering if there was an off the shelf paint for the sides and ends. Tichy's instructions call for blends of Daylight Orange & RG Yellow for the sides; BCR &Tuscan red for the ends, icing platforms, roofwalk(sic) and fascia.

The car will be run on a post WW2 layout, FWIW.

Ken O'Brien