From: Ray Breyer <rtbsvrr69@yahoo.com>
To: "STMFC@yahoogroups.com" <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 1, 2012 12:30 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Need a suggestion for a specific boxcar

Am interested in starting a project building a 10' IH 40' DS 7/7 fishbelly DD boxcar.  Am looking for candidates to model from various railroads.
Please send suggestions with an image and/or question about the project off list.
Thanks,
Bob McCarthy

Hi Bob,

At first glance this sounded like any of several thousand NYC Lines boxcars built before WWI. But there's a small problem. Nominally, a 7/7 corrugated end will only give you an inside height in the 8' 4" to 8' 8" range. I just reviewed NKP, NYC, and Rutland car diagrams as well as the 1916 and 1922 CBDs, and they all agree on this point.

So you'll either have to lower your car height rquirements or change your end requirements!

As for plans, check pages 286 through 290 in the 1916 Car Builder's Dictionary. They might give you everything you're looking for.

Regards,
Ray Breyer
Elgin, IL