Re: Airbrush Clinic & Demo at Naperville

Douglas Harding

I sat in on the hands-on clinic. As I already have an Iwata dual-action
brush and one of their top of the line compressors, I was knowledgeable with
the product line, and the proper means of disassembly and cleaning. But Alan
did an excellent job of running through this very important step, offering
pointers and why fors. He covered the difference in single action vs dual
action. And took us step by step through a variety of techniques with paper
practice sheets. It was in the sheets where I learned, as I had not
attempted some of the techniques he wanted us to master.

The paint use in the clinic was new for me, and a great opportunity to try
it. It took me a little while to master. Which I finally accomplished after
turning down the pressure on the air supply. Alan at the regulators pre-set
at about 20lbs, which was fine for general painting, but after I dialed back
to 15lbs I was finally satisfied with the subtle weathering techniques I was
want to master.

The clinic was certainly worth the time, for novice or experienced.

Doug Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org