Re: Paint prep

Bruce Smith

Clark,

Dawn and a tooth brush... <VBG> I'm not sure why this did not work on this one model.

Did you grit blast it? I usually do, and then wash it. Although I've been told this supposedly "drives the mold release into the resin" I've never had an issue. I also never wash before assembly although some folks swear by that too. Additionally, if your water quality is not good and you left pooled water on the roof to dry that might be an issue. I'm assuming that the wash was just prior to painting? and that you handled the model with gloves after it was washed? Finally, paint technique might be an issue. When I heavily apply acrylic paint that is too thin I can see this effect.
Regards

Bruce

Bruce F. Smith

Auburn, AL

__

/ &#92;

| O--O &#92;0 0 0 0/ O--O | 0-0-0 0-0-0

On Nov 2, 2012, at 12:45 PM, <cepropst@q.com<mailto:cepropst@q.com>>
wrote:

I bought two F&C kits at Naperville. Just painted one and am ready to prep the other.
I cleaned the first one with dawn detergent on a tooth brush. Still had some “fish eyeing” on the roof.

What should I have used to prep this F&C model for painting?
Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa