Re: Paint prep

heitkamp80015

Clark,

Years ago when I produced resin kits, I recommended that the parts be scrubbed using a toothbrush and Ajax or Comet. The powdered cleaners seem to do a great job of removing mold release and/or oils left from your hands. Just be careful around the small details but don't be afraid to scrub fairly aggressively. Many of the liquid soaps have ingredients in them to soften your skin - not good for models.

Doug Heitkamp
Centennial, CO

--- In STMFC@..., <cepropst@...> wrote:

I bought two F&C kits at Naperville. Just painted one and am ready to prep the other.
I cleaned the first one with dawn detergent on a tooth brush. Still had some “fish eyeing� on the roof.

What should I have used to prep this F&C model for painting?
Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa