From: "Aaron Gjermundson" <npin53@...>
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Friday, November 2, 2012 9:25:33 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Boxcar Underside

I've seen NP truss rod box cars with boards through the turnbuckles. Usually a board just through a pair. There is, or was anyway, a NP box car at the Illinois RR Museum that still had the boards in place. I may have a picture of it somewhere.

I've tried to model it, but things need to be lined up just perfect.

Aaron

<The board through the turnbuckles is an interesting detail I've never
<seen modeled.
<
<Gene Green

If seen that detail on both prototype and model narrow gauge cars although
I'm sure how common it was.

Jack Burgess
Newark, CA