Re: Enterprise door locks

Armand Premo

Just picked up an old MDC Side Stake triple hopper,rather crude by current standards of expectation.Is there any possibility of creating a silk purse from this sow's ear? Armand Premo

----- Original Message -----
From: al_brown03
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Sunday, December 02, 2012 11:52 AM
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Enterprise door locks

In the Miner spec sheet, it's interesting to note that the modern Type D has door-opening mechanisms on both sides of the car, and the operating shaft goes all the way across. This represents a change since the steam era: in the forties operating mechanisms were put on the right side only, and therefore the shaft went only hafway across. For some discussion, please see message #106522.

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.