Re: seaboard boxcar

golden1014

Tom,

Accurail 3015 is fairly close, but it's not quite right. The prototype AF-3 was the 1937 DD auto car with 4-5 ends, but SAL cars had pre-war doors and a different bottom side sill. To best match the AF-3 use the excellent Red Caboose car. The Accurail car you have might be a good stand in for an SAL AF-5 but the AF-5 had proprietary Pullman ends and a different sill so you're out of luck there too.I can send you photos offline and you can figure out if the car is close enough for your taste.

John Golden
OFallon, IL

--- In STMFC@..., "tomedill@..." <tomedill@...> wrote:

Was given an Accurail #3015 Seaboard double-door 40ft. box no. 22449. Nice looking with great "Courteous Service" slogan. am not familiar with Seaboard equipment and was wondering if this is a fairly accurate model. From the few photos I found it is not like the AF-3's with that number series. Model has diagonal panel roof, looks like Youngstown doors, 3-4 ends with rectangular top rib and long side sill. I would like to upgrade it if pretty much correct for a Seaboard car. Thanks,  Tom Dill