From: Steve Sandifer
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Sunday, December 02, 2012 10:51 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Drilling template for grab irons on Accurail and Mantua/Tyco gons?

I have some dial calipers (Harbor Freight). I set the opening to match the centerline of the grabs to be installed. Then I use the thumb screw to tighten the caliper down so it won't move. One side of the caliper is for measuring the outside dimension of something, the other side for the inside dimension, and the inside anvils are very sharp. I simply line them up where I think the grabs should go and push them into the plastic, or in some cases scratch a line. That method works great for me.