Re: Sand blasting abrasives...

Rod Miller

On 12/5/12 10:41 AM, Jack Burgess wrote:
I've been using Paasche Air Eraser Compound (AEX-5) as a sand blasting
abrasive for grab irons, steps, etc. on resin cars which has been fine. I'm
now building a model which is being fabricated completely with brass shapes,
etc. I sand blasted the frame the other day and the abrasive wasn't hard
enough to remove excess solder. Any recommendations for an abrasives to use
with brass?

Jack Burgess
www.yosemitevalleyrr.com
I remove excess solder by scraping it off. Sometimes tedious for
sure. I use a scraper from McMaster Carr

http://www.mcmaster.com/#hand-scrapers/=kgoo3n

See the A and B Machinist's Scrapers.

Your dentist is usually willing to part with some interesting
forms of scraping tools. I have several and find them handy
for tight spaces.

Rod

--

Custom 2-rail O Scale Models: Drives, | O Scale West / S West
Repairs, Steam Loco Building, More | 2013 Meet is Jan 24-26