pros and cons of brass bearings?

Robert kirkham

Having read all the efforts some go to changing out wheel sets in trucks to get just the right rolling characteristics, I've wondered why I don't ever see anyone talk about using brass bearings in the trucks. I see them for sale on many UK OO scale sites - not sure why those modellers needs them and we don't. they come in shouldered and flush mount, in 2mm size. At the same time I've wondered about Tichy nylon bearings.

Any one here done testing or otherwise worked with these products? What worked? What didn't?

Rob Kirkham